Humphrey Coliseum is a 10,500-seat multi-purpose arena in Starkville, Mississippi, that opened for the 1975-76 basketball season. Nicknamed
The Hump, it is home to the Mississippi State University Bulldogs basketball team. It is the largest basketball arena in the state of Mississippi. The
building is the equivalent of seven stories high, and is in the shape of an oval 318' long by 268' wide. The outside is marked by regular concrete
columns and Mississippi red brick siding, and the school seal adorns the front of the building. In 2004, a center hung scoreboard was provided by
the Henry Mize Foundation. The scoarboard features four sides, each with a video screen. In addition to basketball, the arena is a popular venue
for concerts, graduation ceremonies, and other events.
"The Hump" is the largest on-campus arena in the state of Mississippi. A large "M-State" logo adorns the middle of the court. The court is rimmed
in maroon with the words "Mississippi State Bulldogs" written at each corner. The building contains two tiers. Though the seating at Humphrey
Coliseum is 10,500, the largest crowd was more than 11,000.
It was named for George Duke Humphrey, former president of Mississippi State. It replaced McCarthy Gymnasium, which was built in 1950 and
has since been converted to an indoor tennis center.